Our Mission is to provide a collaborative environment that promotes discovery, creativity, and exploration of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Mathematics)
+ What is a Makerspace?
"A Makerspace is a collaborative work space for making, learning, exploring and sharing that uses high-tech to no-tech tools. These spaces are open to kids, adults, and entrepreneurs and have a variety of maker equipment including 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC machines, soldering irons, and even sewing machines. "
+ What We Offer:
- 7800 sq/ft of makerspace!
- access to our Metal, Wood, Fibers and Electronics labs
- high-end / specialized tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, welders, industrial sewing machines table saws, wood and metal lathes, forge & anvils, and more
- a community of 50+ makers
- co-working space / conference room
- lounge area
- 10 rental studios for makers of businesses (three 200 sq/ft rooms and seven 100 sq/ft rooms) - only two left!
- dedicated gated parking + 2 loading docks
- amazing classes in a broad variety of disciplines (10% discount on all classes taught at RMM for all members)
- access to Hardware Park's thriving hub of engineering, innovation, product development and manufacturing
- proximity to UAB, the downtown area and Birmingham's Innovation District
- immediate accessibility to major roadways (adjacency to 3rd Ave North I-65 exit)